The meaning of butterfly color can vary depending on an individual’s interpretation and culture. What a butterfly color means to you can be influenced by your experiences and beliefs. However, some general themes are commonly associated with the different colors of butterflies.
Could the brilliant color stripes on the Red Admiral Butterfly signify a visit from a loved one who has moved on? Could a visit from an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail or other yellow beauty be a message of optimism? Or that shimmer of blue be a spiritual reminder to be at peace with your life? For the purpose of learning about the meaning of butterfly colors, it’s important to understand what colors represent.
7 Butterfly Colors Meaning
Butterflies are beautiful creatures that come in a variety of colors. Each color has its unique meaning and symbolism. Here are seven common interpretations of colors:
- Blue is associated with peace, tranquility, and trust.
- Yellow is associated with happiness, joy, and optimism.
- White is often seen as a symbol of new beginnings, innocence, and purity.
- Orange is associated with creativity, energy, and passion.
- Red is often seen as a symbol of passion, love, and courage.
- Purple represents royalty, spirituality, and wisdom.
- Green is seen as a symbol of nature, abundance, and health.
These are just a few of the many meanings that butterfly colors can have. Read on to learn more about butterfly colors that grace the wings of your garden guests.